Tuesday, June 7, 2011


I was looking back through my photos for the past few years, and it seems that June is the time when I refinish furniture. This year is no exception.

I found this little dresser at the thrift store... on half-price day. Bonus!

 Laminate top... solid plywood construction.
 It was presumably  part of a modular set, since the veneer only wrapped half-way around the sides, and there were large screw holes on it.
 I sanded it all over, especially the laminate top; filled the holes, and tapered down the gap behind the veneer. Then I gave it a good coat of Kilz spray primer (I'm in love), and several coats of paint (Benjamin Moore Sea Pearl). I kept the legs in their original state.
 And here it sits in my bedroom, with pretty paper lining the drawers.
Next up: to make a cushion for the top.
It might even migrate out to the entryway... it's a lovely height for sitting down to put shoes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.