There it is... here I am.
Life goes on.
In a nutshell:
1. Christmas happened. (The Christmas fairy didn't show up... I had to do all the work myself. Bummer.) It was good.
2. The eldest daughter moved back home. Temporarily, as she is quick to tell anyone who asks. It's a long complicated story that involves school, roommates, finances, and anything else you feel like throwing into the mix. It caused great upheaval here as I suddenly had to make a five bedroom house out of a four bedroom one. It all worked out in the end, and resulted in great mounds of stuff being taken to the thrift store (a task that I was intending to accomplish over the next few months anyway... just not all in the first week of January!)
3. I found my knitting mojo. Much to the detriment of my to-do list.
4. I started eating Paleo. I'm doing it in an attempt to lose weight. Ironically, I have now gained another five pounds. Sigh. I'm hoping that's a temporary thing.
5. There is a rather large pile of costume sewing to be done. I'm playing Mrs. Darling in a production of Peter Pan... we open 4 weeks from tomorrow. Not one of my costumes is completed yet. That's why I spent the weekend devouring the Hunger Games trilogy...
6. I'm back at pottery classes... joy and bliss!!
7. We actually had winter for over a week. The whole town shut down. But now we're back to rain rain rain, and all the snow is gone.
|snow right up to my boot-tops!!|