- Monday... school prep for the week (because I put it off all weekend - my own fault!), choir
- Tuesday... coffee and picture-viewing with the in-laws
- Wednesday... drama rehearsal
- Thursday... stayed up all night keeping Abby up for a sleep-deprived EEG
- Friday... recovery from Thursday night. I'm just too old to go without sleep!!
I squeaked under my self-imposed deadline, and finished Ellie's Feliz dress.
The embellishments are all left to the discretion of the maker - no instructions are given for them. I put in three rows of ruffles on the back section, all with ribbon trim to hide the raw edges. I also made a flower pocket on the front - something I'd seen long ago on some blog somewhere. I think I'd still like to put a few more decorations on the front of the dress - it's looking a little bare in comparison to the riot of colour on the back!
I love how it turned out, though, and (more importantly) so does Ellie. I'll definitely be making more of these... after I try all the other patterns in the book ;)